Thursday, November 12, 2020

 OK so maybe I need to give a bit of insight into who I am.  The quick story is, I'm 68 and have roamed around the world for many years.  In the last 10 + years I finally found that staying in one place wasn't so bad.  I'm finally finding out what it's like to not be a nomad.

Next question most ask is when did I start questioning my gender.  I have to admit that I was a product of a big family that never threw away anything including clothes till they were beyond repair.  With that in mind, I've seen pictures of me in nightgowns, girls tee-shirts, skirts and even Mary Janes when I was 3.  I also remember wearing panties that one of my cousins never wore because she got too big for her britches..Sorry I couldn't resist..  I played with dolls, had tea parties with my sister and her friends and all my friends back then were girls. The girls jeans, blouses, tee-shirts went on till I was 5 gong on 6.

Then it was on to my school years.  That was when all the girls clothes started disappearing and boys clothes became the norm.  I hated having to wear the new clothes but my mother and aunts worked hard to convinced me that I was a boy.  There were several other events in my life that confused me more than ever but I'll be honest with you I really don't want to get into those events.  I started hearing the words sissy, nancy boy and few other slurs that still bring tears to my eyes thinking about it.

From 6 on it was almost somewhat normal childhood.  There weren't many kids in my neighborhood, my age, and the few boys I know from school were bullies that loved to torment me.  That was until I started fighting back and they backed down and never bothered me again.  So I started wandering into Center City.  Between the museums, library and stores I found enjoyment with life.  It was the ladies sections in the department stores that peaked my interest.  I looked at all the dresses and casual wear dreaming what I would look like in them.  Any time I was shopping/browsing I was always wearing panties, my girl's shorts and blouses that I manage to hide from the dreaded purge or borrowed from my sister.  

A few times I narrowly escaped getting caught without an adult but managed to talk my way out of the situation.  Oh for the good old days where kids could roam without fear and control.

In my teens, I started to gravitate towards being a normal boy. I have to say that if I hadn't joined the Civil Air Patrol, my life could have been VERY different.  It was there that I learned more about what a boys life should be and how to sort of blend in with others.  It was also my stepping stone into the military.

I'll continue this little life's saga after I get out and clean up what Eta brought.  I hate it when visitors come and just dump crap and leave it to me to clean up after them...LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment